Overhaul of Operations Management Approach
What I did
- Re-designed the operations management process to improve overall business performance.
- Developed routines of working, to instil discipline and clarity of what is required when.
- Introduced standard meeting agendas to provide consistency and thoroughness to meetings.
- Created visual Master Production Scheduling tool to speed up the overall planning and 'make or buy' decisions.
- Introduced contract review process to ensure that capacities are allocated to optimise the loading of the factory and ensure on-time delivery performance.
- Implemented three routine meetings to ensure that all functions of the business operate in an effective and coordinated manner at all times.
- Created visual management for the loading of material on the shop floor.
- Developed plan for improvement of data integrity to allow improved on-time delivery performance via MRPII system.
- Reduced messages being transmitted from management to production operatives, to improve utilisation and efficiencies.
- Utilised real time data to improve shop floor scheduling and backlog reduction.
What the client said
"Smartspeed have worked in partnership with Ford for 6 months and excellent results have been achieved. Their hands on process allows quick and efficient improvements, whilst building credibility with the team. We look forward to continuing working with Smartspeed as part of our continuous improvement process over the next 3 years."